Sunday, September 28, 2008



9/8/08 Salzburg Austria
We started out today with another walking tour. Salzburg is such a beautiful city I found it hard to listen to the guide because my eyes kept wondering. He showed us the basics of the city. This included the home of Mozart and some of the notable churches plus the theater were the Sound of Music’s closing scene was filmed. After he left us I explored the city further with Kris and Mike. We had coffee at a little cafĂ© and then wondered the streets window shopping and exploring all the tiny alleys and then the hillside, eventually we settled down on a bench overlooking one its many squares. We sat there for a long time talking about this and that wile taking in the spectacular view of Salzburg. That night we all went out to an Irish pub and really partied as a group. Tim Tom came along and it was fun to see him has a person and not just an advisor. We all eventually decided to leave and go next door to a karaoke bar, but for some reason we couldn’t get in. Amidst the confusion at the door I started walking in the wrong direction and when I turned around I ran into Tim Tom headed in the opposite direction. I asked if he would like to go to another bar and ditch the rest of the group and he was down so we wondered down the street looking into various bars trying to find the right one. Eventually I heard some great electronic music coming from a bar called Blue Haven, so I grabbed Tim Tom and dragged him in. The bar was dead and almost all the people in the joint were behind the bar dancing. I felt bad for Tim Tom because I could tell this probably isn’t his type of place, hell I didn’t know if it was my type of place! But we had a few drinks and I talked his ear off about electronic music and 90fm nonsense. We left and headed back to the hostel, stumbling and talking about Pink Floyd, eventually we ran into Mike who was partying next to a parked car with all it doors open and blaring techno music, wile he and a small group of teenagers danced and hugged.

No comments: